Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Visceral Response


My Suzuki Intruder 1400cc is also known as my boy, Blue. This is one of my favorite pictures of my motorcycle. I love how the details on this bike pop and catch my eye. Color contrast in this picture is what makes my bike stand out so much. The color value is very vibrant. The orange and red of Zion's National Park compliment the blue steel. I like how the orange signal lights stand out from the shiny blue on the gas tank and window shield. Even if you were to take the bike out of the picture itself I still think it's a nice picture because of the ground and sky contrasting colors. 

I also love the way the headlight is resting on the yellow line of the road pointed in the direction it wants to go. The bike tires are almost parallel with the lines on the road as well. It makes me think back to the journey I had been on so far on that ride, and how excited I was to jump back on and continue forward. 

The shape and form of how the bike is positioned and where I took the picture from make it seem very three dimensional. My motorcycle almost looks unbalanced as if the front of the motorcycle appears much bigger than the back. The bike still has a great look from any angle though.

In addition, I'm crazy about how the chrome of the transmission casing, the exhaust pipes and even the forks reflect the light bouncing off the bike which gave off a calming blue glow. There are so many aspects of this picture which make me reflect on how riding my motorcycle is one of my favorite things to do. 

Here is another picture from the side just for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment